Monday, March 17, 2008

Another "Twofer"

It's been kinda hectic here with the run up to Purim this week, so I've not been as diligent as I want about the "Be happy it's Adar" series. I'm working on it.

Would you believe it is hard to find examples of Jewish women singing? Perhaps it goes back to the prohibition on Kol Isha, hearing a woman's voice singing, that many observant Jews adhere too. (The prohibition only applies to live works, not recorded ones if I understand things correctly).

Well, past generations had Barbra Streisand and then Bette Midler....


..today we have Paula Abdul

I want to revisit a subject from a few weeks ago, where a beagle named Champion K-Run's Park Me in First (better known as Uno) charmed the audience and judges at the Westminster Dog Show and won Best in Show, a first for a beagle.

Well today, this clip about "Jerry" came across my news feeds. There's something surprisingly relaxing about watching this dachshund amuse himself.


Jerry needs no help to play "Fetch"

No comments: